Reflections: 2014 Final Blog
December 29, 2014![]() |
| Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, 1967 |
My
next blog series will be communication lessons I have learned from various
people, places and situations over the years. They will be relevant to today
but also provide a slice of yesterday and show how some lessons can last a lifetime.
I
am going to start with high school. So much gets formed during those teen years
and seems to stick forever. How many times have you said or thought, “That is
so high school”. I hear this sentiment often from people in business. They may not say the exact words but I know
they are either viewing the world from that lens or seeing others as they did
in those formative years.
This
series will include trivia fun facts from the year I highlight. We will
share a big news or communication event from that year to put perspective on the story.
As
one of my dearest friends often says, “Where were you in ’62?” That is her way
of telling you your ideas or clothing are out of date. Now ’62 might seem
ridiculous to some of my readers as would “Party like it's 1999” to others. It
does not matter if you were even around for the year in question or beyond
partying at that time, the fun facts from that year promise to be entertaining
and quirky.
So
join me for a journey to other places and times. And, in keeping with our eclectic
thinking, we are not going in chronological order or years. Just going to hop
around as thoughts become relevant or connected to events of the day. We will start with the year 1967. The movie, "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" came out that year. It is a story of about inter-racial relationships. Today that would hardly get noticed but in 1967 it was still a big deal. Join me on January 5th to find out the lesson I learned that year.

2 comments
I look forward to next year's posts. Keep up the great writing Della!
ReplyDeleteGoodness! I learned a lot in 1967!
ReplyDelete