Reflection 32 of 52: When will credibility win out?

August 11, 2014



While I am a huge proponent of social media and love wide ranging access to news and information, I am still waiting for the pendulum to swing.

Easy information access and the voluminous purveyors of opinion are bringing the lack of credible reporting to the forefront.

I maintain the more we see mea culpas like this from BuzzFeed, people will seek out sources they trust. Even their apology doesn’t seem to be on point.

The more plagiarism, unsubstantiated statistics, pack journalism, blatant self serving paid and incorrect assumptions we witness, the more starved we become for good quality sources.

As my dear 91 year-old Mom says, the pendulum always swings back. I feel it myself already, as I adjust my news sources and the list grows smaller.

Trust is as fragile as fine china - each time it is broken, it gets harder to fix.

Let the pendulum swing and auto correct to focus on the trustworthy and dependable.

I believe credibility will win out soon, do you?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The old cliche..."Remind your children to practice their manners because the may come back into style!" Perhaps the same holds true for honesty and civility!

    ReplyDelete