Final Blog of 2015: Happy New Year

December 28, 2015


When I started writing this blog in 2012, I thought it would be a one year wonder. I also thought I would have finished writing my book and be traipsing around the world doing workshops and speaking engagements.

And, here we are heading into 2016 and the book is still in the editing phase and I have changed my future plans, once again. For starters, my husband has not been well so that has nixed big travel plans combined with out-of-town work. He is doing okay but we are sticking closer to home these days. Next, my co-facilitator Xenia Dandridge and I are taking on more engagement type consultation work and evolving new approaches that keep us quite busy locally. We do venture beyond our borders sporadically but there is plenty to do here in the West.

I have shared lots of my own lessons, particularly in the 2015 blog, and am now going to ask others to share some of their life communication lessons. I am calling the next series... Dining with Della. I will be asking friends and associates to have a candid discussion over lunch, dinner or coffee (This is my way to lure people out and share valuable insights). As I have done in my past blogs, I want people to share failures and successes. It won't be an ad or promo for them or their organization, it will be the straight goods based on the following questions:

What worked...


What one bit of communication impacted your life? 


What did not work...

a) What great idea did you never communicate to anyone?

b) What is the one idea you tried to communicate but it flopped?
c) What moment did you not say what you wished and should have said?

What if...


What advice would you give to your younger self to enhance your ability to communicate with others and why? 

For my first blog of the year, I will answer the questions so you can see how wide I expect the kimono to open.


Let me know if this intrigues you enough to want to play and I will buy you lunch. For my out-of-country friends, we can always Skype over a sandwich.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Della - I love and look forward to the insights, vulnerabilities, successes and lessons you share through your blog. (And the fact that you continue to kimono flash is always inspiring!) Wishing you and yours a year filled with goodness. Happy to be a lady who lunches if you need a candidate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to have you participate. Will dm you for a lunch date! Thanks Margot!

      Delete